Breithorn West Summit 4165m – Regular Route
Reviews 0 Reviews0/5
Vacation Style Holiday Type
Activity Level Intermediate
Group Size Medium Group
Climbing Breithorn West Summit Regular Route
Breithorn is probably the easiest 4000 meters peak in the Alps. It is not the best place if you are looking for some “privacy” but, for sure, can be the right place if you want to do a first experience with the high altitude. From the top you will enjoy an amazing view that goes from Monte Rosa to Mont Blanc and the Walliser peaks with Matterhorn so close that you can almost touch it….almost!
You have to know
- Period: from June to September.
- Accommodation: No accommodation required; this is a day tour.
- Meeting point: At 7:30am at the lift station in Cervinia.
- Requirements: This is a perfect tour to have an introduction to the high altitude; there are no technical difficulties so it is suitable to all hikers with a minimum of fitness.
- Equipment: See the equipment list in FAQ’s section.
- Weather: In the high mountains, even in summer, there could be extreme weather conditions. Three/four days before the tour/trip, we will check the weather forecast in the area, and we will inform you about it!
- Leading Guide: Mountain Guide or Aspirant Mountain Guide. Shortly before the tour, you will get the phone number of the guide. For all other questions please contact our office.
Services and Prices
Mountain Guide or Aspirant IFMGA for one day.
- 1 pax: €360.00 per person
- 2 pax: €190.00 per person
- 3 pax: €150 per person
- 4 pax: €120 per person
- 5 pax: €100 per person
Helpful for preparation
- Apparel / Clothing: We recommend functional clothing/layering principle so you can react to the different temperatures.
- Boots: Waterproof mountaineering/trekking boots suitable for crampons.
- Lunch: Please take some snacks and drinks with you.
- Back pack: As this is a day tour you don’t need to carry too many things. Take with you just an extra layer in case of cold and a shell if it is windy; plus some snacks to eat and some energy drinking. At the end you have to carry your back pack. We recommend a back pack with 30L.
- Maps: Monte Rosa – Alte valli d’Ayas e del Lys L’Escursionista | ESC08 | 1:25000 | Swisstopo Combination No. 25-15 Zermatt-Gornergrat 1:25000 | Swisstopo – No. 284 Mischabel 1:50000
For any further questions…
We are happy to help you for any further questions. Please contact our office. The equipment list is in the FAQ’s section.
- Services of IFMGA Mountain Guide or Aspirant Mountain Guide
- Liability insurance
- Group gear and Spare equipment (see the list in FAQs section)
- Transport, tolls and petrol to the meeting point
- Cable car to Plateau Rosa and back
- Food and drinks
- Travel expenses
- Mountaineering equipment
- Personal equipment (see the list in FAQs section)
- The guides expenses that are split between the group members
- Any other expenses
Meeting with the guide in Cervinia around 7:30 a.m.
Meeting with the guide in Cervinia around 7:30a.m. – equipment check. We will take the cable car up to Plateau Rosa. From there we start to hike up along the ski piste to the Colle del Breithorn. Here we leave finally the civilization and we approach the last steep section of the climbing. The last ridge is outstanding and with a last small effort you are on top. The descent follow the same itinerary.
Up: 3:00/3:30 hours 700m – Down: 2:00 hours 700 m
No accommodation required; this is a day tour!
- Technical equipment (these items can be rented): harness, ice axe, crampons, mountaineering boots.
- Personal equipment: 30 litre backpack, 1 litre thermos, provisions (energy bars, chocolate, dried fruit, sandwiches), first aid kit, sun glasses (protection factor 3 or 4), goggles, gore-tex jacket and overpants, windstopper vest, gaiters, mountain pants, fleece jacket, breathable base layers, lightweight gloves, thick gloves, warm hat, bandana, sun screen factor 50.
- For the huts: sleeping bag liner, change of socks, headtorch and spare batteries, mountaineering club membership, toothbrush & toothpaste, small towel, wipes.
You can download the complete equipment list here.